Even if the courts convict Donald Trump, the Republican party’s presumptive presidential nominee can count on Sen. Rick Scott to stand by him.
During an interview with reporters on Tuesday, Scott said “Absolutely.”
“I think any of our nominees, they’re going to try to go after [them] for something, so I support Trump.”
When asked whether he thinks Mitch McConnell’s withholding of endorsement of Trump was a mistake, the Florida senator responded, “I’ve endorsed Trump. He’s going to be our nominee and he’s going to be the next president. Everybody gets to decide how they want, what they want to do. I want a person that’s going to secure the border. Trump will do it.”
“I want a person that’s going to have a better economy. Trump will do it. I want a person who doesn’t like war. Look at what [Joe] Biden has done. He’s gotten us in two massive, ridiculous wars now because he’s weak. He’s an appeaser and he’s weak.”
McConnell announced on Wednesday that he would resign from Senate minority leadership in November.
Scott, who challenged the Kentucky lawmaker last year for the position, recognized this and said: “As everyone knows, I challenged Leader McConnell last year. This is an opportunity to refocus our efforts on solving the significant challenges facing our country and actually reflect the aspirations of voters.”
The Florida lawmaker has been consistently vocal against McConnell’s leadership.
During an event in West Palm Beach in December, Scott blasted the outgoing Senate minority leader and said: “[McConnell] “has figured out how to get enough votes to help the Democrats pass everything they want to pass since Biden got elected” about Senate passage of infrastructure legislation and a debt ceiling increase in addition to other measures.
“What’s happened since I ran against McConnell a year ago is we’ve finally gotten together and we’ve said enough with Mitch, we’re going together and we’re going to get better things passed.”
Scott was also among the victims of the consecutive swatting incidents late last year.
Naples police reported: “On December 27, 2023, at approximately 9:02 pm, Naples Police dispatchers received a call on our non-emergency line from an individual stating that a shooting occurred … Within 15 minutes, we were able to confirm that the events did not occur, and the incident was a swatting event.”
Scott slammed the incident and wrote on X, “Last night, while at dinner with my wife, cowards ‘swatted’ my home in Naples. These criminals wasted the time & resources of our law enforcement in a sick attempt to terrorize my family.”


