Add Your Heading Text Here

“We Are Suing The United States Government And The FBI”: MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell Reveals He Hired Alan Dershowitz To Sue U.S. Government

(Credit: ABC News)

Disclaimer: This article may contain the personal views and opinions of the author.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is enraged after his phone was recently seized due to an active criminal investigation against him.

Lindell announced Tuesday, saying he has “some of the best lawyers in the country” working on the case, including Alan Dershowitz and Andrew Parker.

“I am suing the government because they have taken my phone, and they have no right to do that,” Lindell said. “I have done nothing wrong.”

The seizure of Lindell’s phone is part of an ongoing criminal investigation into the MyPillow CEO, which was first reported by The New York Times last month.

The subpoena read: “An official criminal investigation of a suspected felony is being conducted by an agency of the United States and a Federal Grand Jury In the District of Colorado.

“As a subpoena recipient, you are not under an obligation of secrecy. However, we request that you not disclose the existence of this subpoena for an indefinite period.”

Lindell has been a vocal supporter of former President Donald Trump and has baselessly claimed that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump. He has also peddled conspiracy theories about the January 6th insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

The MyPillow CEO has been facing increasing scrutiny in recent months, with several retailers dropping his products and social media platforms banning him from spreading disinformation.

Lindell has vowed to fight back against the retailers and social media companies that have delisted him, saying he will “never give up.”

It is unclear what specific legal claims Lindell is making against the U.S. government in his lawsuit. Dershowitz and Parker did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Mike Lindell’s statement: “We are suing the United States government and the FBI. This isn’t just to get the phone back, and this is because my First, Fourth, and Fifth Amendment rights were broken. We aren’t going to put up with this, we aren’t going to be the Gestapo like in Nazi Germany. We’re being proactive.”

“I was on the phone with these attorneys, I said ‘no, I want to sue.’ We have all the lawyers on the phone, they looked at all these statutes, we are going to go to places that no man has gone before. This will set a precedent. This has to stop.”

He recalled how the incident happened:

“Cars pulled up in front of us, to the side of us, and behind us and I said, ‘These are either bad guys or the FBI.’ Well, it turns out they were the FBI. He goes, ‘Well, I got some bad news, he goes, ‘We’re taking your cellphone. We have a warrant for your cellphone.’

“I want to say this for the record, they were pretty nice guys. None of them had an attitude.” FBI spokeswoman Vikki Migoya said:

“Without commenting on this specific matter, I can confirm that the FBI was at that location executing a search warrant authorized by a federal judge.”

Dershowitz is a longtime member of the Trump legal team and argued during the former president’s impeachment trial that he could not be impeached for anything other than a crime. It is not clear if Dershowitz is representing Lindell in his own capacity or as part of MyPillow.

A spokesperson for Dershowitz did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Leave a Reply

Discover more from The Freedom Front

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading